9/27/2013

Rhubarb Harvest 2013

In the Summer of 2011, I planted two rhubarb plants next to our driveway.  Little did I know, that they were gonna grow to be gigantic rhubarb.  Everyone who sees them, thinks they're some kind of tropical big leaf plant.  All I can say near the driveway has been an excellent spot for the rhubarb plants.  They have supplied me with a healthy beautiful bounty of red/green stalks.




         
 washed 
chopped 
now, what to do with all this rhubarb
any ideas?
 rhubarb jelly?

     or
       rhubarb pie???
  What are you going to do with your rhubarb?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:49 AM PDT

    Good morning ms. Kim

    While sitting by the window drinking my favorite java,looking
    Out on this stormy day, with a sun break or two, I final saw your rhubarb posting. Those leaves are beautiful,and what
    A bountiful delivery for pies, jams, jellies. Sorry I know nothing better to do with rhubarb.

    We were out in that storm, rain really last night, went to a delightful
    Classical concerts for brass instruments. Until next time
    Enjoy. Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know of your java very well! It's a delish treat. A much needed one on rainy days such as these.

    ReplyDelete