5/09/2012

BBQ Grill Planter

Recently we had  free city dump day, and once again,  Hubby managed to leave behind an old BBQ grill, that's  been collecting dirt, grime,  mold, and bugs for at least 5 years ...Well, I took out the grill, removed  the lid, and planted some strawberries, French lavender, peppers and dill, and then some....keeping  fingers crossed, that all grows well....I'll keep you posted.












        ~~~~~~  Hoping All Grows Well   ~~~~~~

        Here's a peek at the BBQ grill Planters progress....


                           May 25, 2012


The BBQ plant container is doing well.  But what remained was the top and the grate.  I decided to use the top as a container for plants also. I had the base of a water fountain whose bowl had broke some time ago, so I cleaned out the top of the BBQ grill, and put it on top of the fountain base.  Added some dirt, fertilizer, water and lots of tender lovin care! So far, I've planted strawberries, and pole string beans. It's lookin pretty good.  Will update its progress later....

****************************************************************



Back from New Orleans Louisiana, I was pleasantly surprised to see the gardens had survived our two-week absence.  The Bar-B-Q grill planter has grown quit a bit, and has strawberries!!!  Here's a look at its latest progress.

  






*****************************************************************


          What shall I do with the top part of the grill?






Now if I could come up with an idea for the 
grate....hummmm

Love to hear your ideas on what to do with the grate!

5 comments:

  1. http://pinterest.com/search/?q=grill%20grates

    I just stumbled upon your blog and though I'd post ideas for your grill grate if you still didn't do anything with it! Hope you have a wonderful spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think i missed your idea for the grate. Thanks for visiting my blog, and hope to hear from you soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete