6/10/2012

Veggie Garden 2012

Although I like to sow seeds, and plant various veggies among my flowers, I still have a traditional vegtable garden, though small.   It's so much fun digging in the dirt, planting seeds and watching them grow.   I especially enjoy exposing the grandchildren to the beautiful fruits, veggies, and of course, the creepy crawlers.




a variety of corn, cucumber, string beans, and lettuce in the veggie patch




hubby's been growing this grapevine for 4 years...produces up to three small clusters of  of purple grapes



i planted lettuce seeds directly into a large bag of store bought garden dirt.. and here is the result, lettuce in a bag!!!




This is a 7-year collard tree....still looking pretty good

                                                           Well, that's all for now...I'll keep You posted on the gardens progress....any suggetions on what to add to my northwest garden?

                          What's growing in your garden?




3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:28 PM PDT

    Your garden is coming along nicely. Looking forward to tasting that 3 year old collard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:32 PM PDT

    my bad 7 year old collard..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:23 PM PDT

    shall we saute them with olive oil and fresh garlic, cook with smoked turkey wings, or how about some good-old ham hocks?

    ReplyDelete